Industrial visit has its own importance in a career of a student who is pursuing a professional degree as the classroom is not sufficient to provide student an insight to internal working of companies. Industrial visit is considered as one of the tactical methods of teaching. The main reason behind this- Industrial visit helps to combine theoretical knowledge with industrial knowledge and gives them exposure to current work practices. It lets student to know things practically through interaction, working methods and employment practices.
Industrial visits are arranged by our college to students with an objective of providing students functional opportunity in different sectors like IT, Manufacturing and services, finance and marketing as students will be more concerned about earning a job after having an industrial visit.
The following leading industries were visited by our students as a part of the curriculum.
- Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Kudankulam
- Tuticorin thermal Power Plant, Tuticorin
- Indian Space Research Organisation, Trivandram
- Taneja and Aerospace and Aviation Limited, Hosur
- Anaamalais Toyota, Sivakasi
- TVS & Sons Pvt.Ltd., Madurai
- Sun Pressing Private Limited, Madurai
- Sundaram Brake Linings Limited, Mustakurichi
- BSNL, Virudhunagar
- HCL Technologies, Chennai
- L&T, Mumbai
- All India Radio,Madurai
- Ramco Cements, RR Nagar
- Madura Coats, Madurai
- BEW Structural Design Consultant, Chennai
- Tamilnadu State Transport Corporation, Virudhunagar
- Auto Tech, Chennai
- Jain Housing and Construction Limited, Chennai
- Vijayashanthi Builders, Chennai
AAA offers a number of value added courses beyond curriculum that equips students for a successful career. Faculty Development Programs are conducted to our faculties to enhance their knowledge in their expertise field and to keep them updated about the technological advancements in the field. Our faculties combine professional and industrial experience with the latest approaches in learning and teaching.
In our college all departments offer various additional technical courses for students to enhance their skills in their areas of interest
- Students of Civil Engineering Department are given intensive training in AutoCAD, REVIT architecture, STADD Pro and ANSYS.
- The Department of Computer Science and Engineering conducts training in C, Java, Database MySQL and PHP.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering offers extensive training in PSPICE circuit simulation software, MATLAB programming, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems.
- The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducts hands on training in PSPICE circuit simulation, MATLAB programming and LABVIEW.
- Mechanical Department students are made to work in CAD/CAM, CreO, ANSYS, and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
ACADEMIC TRAINING and WORKSHOPS
AAA is dedicated to provide consistent, high quality education to ensure academic and professional success of students through internships, guest lectures and hands on trainings.
AAA has signed MOU with Pearson Cornerstone, who offers Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) a world class qualifying program providing vocational training and internship to students. Students are given hands on training in emerging technologies with the help of skilled professionals and guest lectures are given to students by experts in the field.
Department of Civil Engineering conducted a survey camp from 19th to 26th June 2015 at kodaikanal hills. The department organized a faculty development program on Design & Detailing using STAAD Pro from 29th June to 1st July 2015. A technical seminar on Influence Lines was conducted on 28th August 2015. The department has signed MOU with 3W technologies for training, internship and consultancy. The department laboratory is well equipped with all instruments and equipment to cope up with the advancement of technology.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering organized NNSC 2015 on 9th and 10th August 2015. National Network Security Championship is a workshop series to spread insights of Real Industrial Networking concepts and to impart practical education on Cisco Networking. It is organized by Entrepreneurship Cell-IIT Kanpur (E-Cell), RedMap eLearning and Network Bulls (Asia’s Largest CISCO Networking Training Institute). The Department of Mr. T. ShanmugaBabu from IBM India delivered lecture on Cloud Computing and Big Data on13th July 2015. Our students attended a Workshop on Big Data and Hadoop organized by IIT Roorkee & Revert Technology on 9th and 10th March 2016.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering organized NNSC 2015 on 10th and 11th August 2015. The Department conducted Mobile Controlled Robotics workshop on 7th and 8th March 2016. The Department has signed MoU with BSNL for supporting in-plant training.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering organized a guest lecture on “Future Energy Challenges and Mitigation in India”on 16th July 2015 where Dr.V. Jayasankar, Sr. Prof and Head, Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi was the chief guest for the program. A workshop on Design and Simulation of Power electronics Converter using MATLAB was organized for polytechnic students on 21st January 2016. Industrial Automation workshop facilitated by Mr. Aanshia Pandey, IIT Kanpur was organized on 16th and 17th February 2016.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering arranged a special lecture on Recent Advancements in IC engines on 10th July 2015. A Program on Recent Trends in Manufacturing Technology was conducted on 24th August 2015. The department invited industrial expert Mr.P.Sankarnarayanan from Sri Nagananthana Textile Mills Limited to give insight about industrial practices in TPM. Students were given exposure about ANSYS software and its applications on 11th March 2016.