Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 2013 and offers B.E program in Electronics and Communication Engineering with an intake of 60 students. The Department of ECE is committed to providing quality professional education to young aspiring engineers. The mission of the department is to provide state of the art infrastructure and student centric learning environment to facilitate young engineers acquire profound technical knowledge in the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering along with ethical values and leadership qualities to become as a successful professional/entrepreneur. The department has well experienced and dedicated faculty members. Several faculty members have received their graduate, postgraduate and Doctorate degrees from institutions of national and international repute and have been working on in various research areas.
The department has state of the art laboratories such as Communication lab, Advanced Microprocessor lab, Electronics circuit lab, Microwave lab, Electronics CAD lab, Devices and circuits lab, Linear Integrated Circuits Lab, Optical fiber communication lab, and VLSI lab to provide the students with the necessary and sufficient backing of practical knowledge, besides encouraging them to carry out their innovative research and development ideas.
Apart from the Core laboratories prescribed by the Anna University, department also has E-YANTRA Robotics Laboratory and also has a Center Excellence in Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT). Certification courses are conducted by these labs/center throughout the year for ECE and other department students.
The department has consistently achieved excellent results in the university examinations and have obtained university rank in the year 2018.
The Department has signed various academic institutions and industries for imparting recent and advanced technical knowledge to the students. The department has MOU with BSNL, to provide real time training for the students in the field of advanced communications. IETE student chapter was established in ECE department and various Symposiums, Seminars and Workshops are organized through it.
Value added courses are offered to the students in areas such as Electronic circuit design using PSPICE, Image and Signal processing applications using MATLAB, VLSI circuit design using Mentor Graphics, Embedded system design using Embedded C are conducted time to time to facilitate the students to improve their creative thinking capabilities, designing and analyzing skills and also create awareness in the technologies which are currently used in the industries.
Vocational courses in different areas such as Health and Safety measurements, ECAD-Electronic Computer Aided Design, Combinational and Sequential logic, Advanced Digital System Design, Electrical and Electronics measurement of Testing, Radio Communication, Principles and applications of Microcontroller, Programmable Logic Controller and on various other topics as per the student’s needs.
Apart from the above, Experts from the industry are periodically invited to give lectures/demonstrations to the students on the latest developments in the field. Students are given exposure to industries by industrial visits and industrial training session.
To make the students industry ready, Soft skill training is imparted to the students along with the technical courses from the first semester onwards. Various reputed companies visit the department every year for on-campus placement drives and department holds a placement record of more than 90%
- To be a premier engineering department in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering by imparting quality education, carrying out innovative research and technology development according to the industrial standards for the well-being of the society.
- To provide eminent faculties and establish a unique student centric learning environment, inculcate profound knowledge in the frontier areas of Electronics and Communication engineering.
- To impart ethical values and leadership qualities for becoming a successful professional/entrepreneur with societal commitments.
- To promote student’s technical skills in solving complex electronics and communication engineering problems and provide a platform for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary research activities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability to apply the basic and fundamental knowledge to identify, formulate and solve real-time problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate the technical competency in the usage of modern software/hardware tools to design, analyze, synthesis and validation of components, subsystems and processes in VLSI, Signal Processing and Embedded control Systems.
- Ability to apply domain knowledge to carry out innovative projects with ethical and professional constraints leading to a successful career.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be inculcated with relevant technical knowledge and software skills in the field of electronics and communication engineering that will facilitate them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will possess competency in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to identify, analyze and solve problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- Graduates will apply their in-depth knowledge to design and development of various electronics and communication systems for multi-disciplinary applications.
- Graduates will function professionally in a rapidly changing world due to the advances in electronics and communication technologies and concepts with effective communication skills, administrative skills and capability to relate engineering issues to broader social perspectives.
- Graduates will be receptive to emerging technologies and attain professional competence through lifelong learning such as advanced degrees, membership registration in professional bodies, research publications and other professional activities.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. M. Saravana Kumar||D.E.E.E.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. Janakiraman||I.T.I.,||Lab Technician|
To effectuate the demands of the industry, we impart practical training to our students through Value Added Courses in their course fields.
- Mentor Graphics
- Spice Tools