RAGGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED INSIDE THE COLLEGE CAMPUS
Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997
The following Act of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly received the assent of the Governor on the 14th February 1997 and is hereby published for general information.
Excerpts form Act No.7 of 1997
Students whoever doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes
- teasing, abusing of playing practical jokes on, or causing hurt to such student or
- asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do.
- Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates “ragging” within or without any educational institution, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational Institution.
ANTI RAGGING TOLL FREE NUMBER: 1800 425 8807
Women Empowerment Cell and Harassment Prevention Committee
- Dr. S. Krishnapriya, Professor & Head / Civil
- Mrs. K. Indumathi, AP/CSE
- Mrs. N. Thenmozhi, AP/ECE
- Mrs. B. Sarojini, AP/EEE
- Mrs. P. Durgadevi, AP/S&H
- Dr. Vasanthi Wilfred, AP/S&H