Institute Innovation Council (IIC) and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of AAACET organized an Interactive session / Mentoring Session with “Successful Start-up founders” (Entrepreneurs in campus) on 12-04-2021 in Google meet at 10:30AM. The event started with a welcome address by Mr. Sivasankar,Co-ordinator – EDC Cell, Assistant Professor/ Civil Engineering and who gave a brief introduction about this session. Our distinguished Alumnus, JC. Er. N. Kannan, B.E., Proprietor – NK Enterprises, Virudhunagar (2015-2019 Batch – MECH) and Mr. P. Selvakumar, B.E., PVS Machine Builders, Srivilliputhur, (2016-2020 Batch – MECH) were the eminent speakers for this interactive session. Mr.N. Kannan & Mr. P. Selvakumar both are shared their experience and interact with participants. From this interactive session participants got clear idea about how to register a company and what are they documents they should prepared for the registration. The event was backed-up from the participant’s end with an interactive live Question and Answers session. The event came to an end with a vote of thanks and the participants gave their feedback and asked to conduct more events towards Start-up development. Totally 28 students from various departments are participated in this interactive session. Finally the session came to an end at 12.40 p.m.
Seminar on IP Management on 14.02.2020
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of our College organized a seminar on “IP Management” on 14.02.2020 to the III year students of our College. The resource person was Mr. Kameshwar Eranki, Founder & CEO Of VajraSoft Inc. a Intellectual Property Management Software company based in Silicon Valley, California. He talked about the significance of patent and on IP Management. He also talked on 5G Technology and the session was an interactive one. He asked about the students’ interests and he talked on how to achieve success in business. Around 120 students participated in the seminar and got benefited.
Leadership Talk Series organized by MIC
The faculty and students of AAA College of Engineering and Technology actively participated in the leadership talk series organized by MHRD Innovation Council as per the details given below.
- No. of Faculty participants for all the Leadership Talks – 15
- No. of students participants for all the Leadership Talks – 30
- Abhishek Suryawanshi, Director, Wikipedia Swastha – 07.04.2020
- K.Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India – 08.04.2020
- Anil D. Sahasrbudhe, Chairman, AICTE – 09.04.2020
- Partha Chakraborty, Chairman, National Digital Library, Ex-Director, IIT Kharagpur- 10.04.2020
- Abhishek Singh, CEO, MyGov – 11.4.2020
- Padma Bhushan Dr. VK Saraswat, Member Niti Aayog, Ex-Chief Scientific Advisor, Ministry of Defence, Govt of India – 13.04.2020
- Anand Deshpande, Founder, Chairman & Managing Director, Persistent Systems Ltd. – 14.04.2020
- Shradha Sharma, Founder and Chief Editor, YourStory.com – 15.04.2020
- Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, President,Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCR ) -16.04.2020
- Ronnie Screwvala, Chairman UpGrad, Founder UTV ( Now Walt Disney India ) – 17.04.2020
- K.K Aggarwal, National Board of Accreditation (NBA), Govt. of India – 18.04.2020
- Yashraj Bhardwaj, Co-Founder, Zenith Vipers & Partner Ensure Equity – 20.04.2020
- Padma Shri, Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary Ministry of Ayush, Govt of India – 22.04.2020
- Gautam Bambawale, Ex-India’s Ambassador – 23.04.2020
- BVR Mohan Reddy, Chairman Cyient & Ex-Chairman NASSCOM – 27.04.2020
- Madhuri Kanitkar, Lieutenant General – 02.05.2020
- Prof D. P. Singh, Chairman UGC – 09.05.2020
- Pramod Chaudhari, Founder, Chairman, Praj Industries Limited – 16.05.2020
- Mr Mahesh Babu, CEO Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd. – 23.05.2020
- Nilesh Oak, Specialist, Indian Civilization and History – 30.05.2020
- Ashwini Deshpande, Co-Founder and Director, Elephant Design – 06.06.2020
How to plan for Start-up on 06.03.2020
The EDC and IIC of our College organized a session on “How to plan for Start-up and Legal and Ethical and legal steps” to the IIC and EDC members on 6th March 2020 (Friday) 3.00 pm. The resource person was Mr.Mathew Michael Souza M.C.A.,M.Phil.,JAIIB, Senior Manager, Indian Bank, Sivakasi Branch. In his address, he discussed about the ethical legal steps to be followed to start-up a company and about the facilities available in banks for availing loans. He also discussed about MSME schemes for start-ups and the students interacted with him regarding the bank schemes.
Science Day Celebration – 05.03.2020
The IIC and EDC of our College celebrated Science Day (28.02.2020) in the loving memory of Sir C.V. Raman by organizing the following competitions on 5th March 2020 (Thursday) 3.00 pm. The winners are awarded with prizes and certificates.
Contest on “Start up a Company”
Entrepreneur development cell of AAACET conducted a contest on “Start up a company”; on 8th February 2019. Students from various branches of Engineering enrolled themselves into 13 batches and actively participated in the programme. The contest was held between 11.30 am to 1.30 pm at EDC Hall(2nd Floor new block). Dr.M.Sekar,Principal AAACET inaugurated the contest and Dr.Sevugarajan HOD/ECE and Mr.Ifer Raj Coordinator (EDC) acted as juries for the contest.
The winners are
1. B. Abinaya & V. Sahana ECE &IIrd year – Startup Idea “Choco Nut”
2. K. Subiksha CSE & IInd year- Startup Idea “ Glaucoma Detection using Fundus Imaging and artificial intelligence”
3. Ajay Vishal EEE & IInd year – Startup Idea “Optimus – “The Future of Electric Vehicles”
The results were announced by the HOD/ECE. He appreciated the students for their efforts and suggested to take part in the events conducted by EDC of our college and other colleges. The winners were awarded with certificates during the annual day celebrations held on 9th February 2019.
EDC Meeting on 05/01/2019
Entrepreneur development cell of our institution conducted a meeting for its members on 05/01/2019 on 11.30am at E-Cell
About 40 students attended the meeting, principal has introduced Mr.I.R.Ifer Raj AP/CIVIL as coordinator of EDC of our college.
In his address he stressed the following –
- To conduct lot of activities from EDC
- Encourage the students to attend entrepreneurship related programme organized by other institutions.
- Advised the students about the importance of Entrepreneurship and actively involvein activates after 5pm
Mr.Ifer Raj, Coordinator of EDC has instructed the students to gain more knowledge related with entrepreneurship
Mr. J. Aaheesh, CSE/III Year, delivered a talk on GST.
The meeting came to the conclusion at 12.30pm.
E – Cell Inauguration
On July 24, 2018 the E-cell activities for the academic year 2018-2019 with the second batch students was inaugurated by our Principal Dr.M.Sekar.
The Principal delivered the inaugural speech motivating the students with success stories of entrepreneurs. He advised the students to participate actively in the E-Cell Activities as well as in the curriculum.
Followed by his speech, Ms.R.Renita Rexy , EDC Coordinator, welcomed the gathering and explained the role of EDC and listed out various activities we have done and planned in this academic year.
Passport Awareness Program
Passport Awareness Program
As a vision to deliver passport services to citizens in a timely, transparent, more accessible, reliable manner and in a comfortable environment through streamlined processes and committed, trained and motivated workforce. Passport Seva enables simple, efficient and transparent processes for delivery of passport and related services. Apart from creating a countrywide networked environment for Government staff, it integrates with the State Police for physical verification of applicant’s credentials and with India Post for delivery of passports. As a initiative to create an awareness about passport related information, a program was held on the topic “Passport Awareness Program” at AAA College of Engineering and Technology on 06-09-2018. Mr. T. Arun Prasad (IES)- Regional Passport Officer, Madurai was the Chief Guest, he delivered speech on Importance of applying Passport and availability of applying Passport through online website “portal2.passportindia.gov.in”. Following him, Mr. K. Pal Ravindran –Deputy Passport Officer, Madurai registered Passport for more than 150 students through online and Mrs. S. Vijaya Lakshmi –Citizen Service Manager , Madurai verified the Documents given by the Students and students are asked to attend the passport verification on 14-09-2018 at Regional Passport Office Madurai .