Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Our Department is offering B.E.-EEE programme from 2013. We are having well qualified team with experienced faculties with cadre ratio as per AICTE, are guiding the students to attain the best educational objectives. Our department has 7 well equipped laboratories catering the curriculum requirements. Our objective is to provide knowledge and significant design experience across the key areas of electrical engineering that fulfills the needs of the society.
The field of Electrical Engineering is highly dynamic and exciting as it provides excellent career opportunities in all sectors of society. The advancements of electrical engineering make our modern society more comfort in all areas including health, business, education and entertainment. Electrical Engineers design and implement a wide range of systems such as power generation, transmission and distribution, telecommunication networks, electrical machines and modern industrial control systems.
- To be an eminent department by imparting professional knowledge and a sense of ethics through quality teaching, training and collaborative research.
- To enlight students with sound technical knowledge and practical skills in electrical engineering through modern pedagogy delivered by eminent faculties with state of the art facilities.
- To educate students to be responsible electrical engineering professionals and entrepreneurs with moral values and ethics for serving the needs of the society.
- To evolve technological innovations that address the modern needs of electrical engineering through appropriate training and collaborative research.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability to apply the fundamental knowledge to identify and solve electrical engineering problems in electrical drives, embedded systems, power systems and control engineering.
- Ability to apply the acquired engineering knowledge for the planning, analysis, design and implementation of hardware systems with due consideration of electrical safety and eco-friendliness.
- Ability to apply the domain knowledge for the development of innovative projects by considering cost-effectiveness and sustainability that leads to successful professional careers in electrical engineering.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be inculcated with theoretical and practical knowledge with the application of modern tools in the field of electrical engineering that facilitates them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will possess a solid foundation in fundamentals of mathematical and scientific principles to plan, design and develop cost effective solutions for complex electrical engineering systems.
- Graduates will have scientific and engineering breadth so as to plan, analyze, design, and create novel products in core and multidisciplinary fields.
- Graduates will have professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, managerial skills and competent to accomplish electrical engineering projects exploiting innovative technologies with social constraints.
- Graduates will be dedicated to proficient development and lifelong learning by pursuing higher education in order to remain competent in their domain and achieve continued professional growth.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. P. Gurusamy||D.E.E.E.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. M. Gunasekar||D.E.E.E.,||Lab Technician|
To effectuate the demands of the industry, we impart practical training to our students through Value Added Courses in their course fields.
The P-Spice course is conducted for the benefit of the student community in order to improve their knowledge & skill in creating virtual prototypes of various electrical & electronics circuit. By this approach students can find a better way to maximize the circuit performance.
The MATLAB programming practice is provided through this course, where the students are simulating the various control system elements, stability analysis and characteristics of power converter circuits. The course is improving the student’s design skill and problem solving techniques.
Nowadays, the main requirements of the industries are programming skills and knowledge on simulation platform like LabView. This course is conducted for the purpose of increasing the employability of the students as per the industrial needs.
Power World Simulator
The power system studies like power flow analysis, stability analysis and power quality enhancements are playing vital role in power station sectors. In order to improve the skills in those areas, this course is conducted for all EEE department students.
Internet of Things
Internet is holding the whole automation world today. So without the studies related to internet of things, no one can survive. This course is targeted for the purpose of sowing the concept of IoT among the student, this course providing Arduino & Node MCU based IoT projects to the students.
E – CAD
The skills on Computer Aided Drawing is one (p)art in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The drawing of 2D diagrams such circuit diagrams, line diagrams and also 3D machine diagrams are welcomed by the industries. In order to harvest these drawing skills from the students, this course is conducted with the help of Audodesk software.
All department of AAA College of Engineering & Technology organizes several programs in association with professional chapters, Industries, Academicians and Government agencies on a regular basis. The participating students and faculty enhances their knowledge and understanding of the various technological advancements brought to them in the campus through experts. For more details click the below link
The Department of electrical and Electronics Engineering has well equipped laboratories which help in better understanding of theoretical concepts and exposure of students to practical problems.
The department has the following fully furnished laboratories:
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Linear Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Control System Laboratory
- Renewable Energy Resources Laboratory
- Power System Simulation Laboratory