Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2013 with the objective of producing high calibre technocrats and eminent software professionals. The department has a team of well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members with industrial and research background. The computer and its uses conquer the entire world with its inevitable existence. India is making rapid strides and it transforms itself into a knowledge hub for several arenas.
The Computer Science and Engineering program at AAA enables the students to acquaint themselves with the latest developments in the field of computational technologies and also to learn innovative approaches in programming subjects. The department shares the mission and vision of the institute in imparting quality education to the students. The department has accomplished several laurels in fulfilling its mission to pursue excellence.
It has well equipped laboratories with latest computing and internet facilities. Highly sophisticated and the latest configuration computers were installed in various laboratories to cater to the students quest for knowledge. All the facilities were provided to the students and faculty members to keep abreast of the latest technologies.
This department recognizes the immense potential of the students and inculcates in them the habit of innovative thinking and problem solving capability. The education-conducive and competitive atmosphere of AAA brings out the best in computer students, be it in managerial mastery or engineering expertise. The demand for software engineers keeps climbing worldwide. The Department also continually updates its laboratory facilities to provide a platform for emerging fields like Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner, Internet of Things, etc.,
The department provides an excellent learning atmosphere complemented with highly motivated and committed faculty members. The department has active Student Chapter in Professional Society, Computer Society of India and department association by conducting various Workshops, Hands on Training and Guest Lecture by experts from both Academic and Industry. The department has organized various technical contests like Programming Contest, Paper Presentation Contest, Multimedia Contest, Web Design Contest, Mobile Applications Development contest and Innovation Project Exhibition for students under Computer Society of India Student Chapter and department association every semester.
The department focuses on providing learning path to the students to meet the Industry need through value added courses on recent technologies like Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner, Internet of Things, Red Hat certification, Salesforce ADX-201, Java Programming, Graphics and Multimedia, etc., to supplement the curriculum provided by Anna University.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering of AAACET has taken lot of initiatives to set up AWS centre of Excellence for the benefit of students. Industrial oriented Internet of things laboratory was setup in association with Riyasaa labs to enhance and enrich the students’ knowledge to meet industry needs. Partner with Red Hat Academy, the Linux leaders will provide superior learning experience to our students. It also bridges the gap between Education and Industry. Red Hat Academy provides a curriculum to help educational institutions keep pace with the demands of industry. Department of Computer Science and Engineering signed MoU with Red Hat Academy and inaugurated “RED HAT ACADEMY” in the year 2020.
- To be the renowned computer science and engineering department that imparts quality computer science and engineering education and be a center of research to fulfill the emerging needs of the society and industry.
- To create competent computer science and engineering professionals by facilitating with state-of-the-art learning environment.
- To impart quality education on emerging technologies in the field of computer science and engineering through knowledge dissemination and research for the betterment of the society and industry.
- To inculcate problem solving skills, leadership qualities, creative thinking, team spirit and ethical responsibilities for becoming as multifaceted professionals.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Basic Engineering Knowledge: Graduates will apply the fundamentals of mathematics, computer science and engineering knowledge to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to database, operating system, data structures, algorithms and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- Managerial & Application Skills: Graduates will apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering hardware and software tools for the design and integration of computer system and related technologies for the advancement of technology and its implementation in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Research Skill : Graduates will apply the domain knowledge to provide optimized solutions by research and innovations in emerging fields of computer science and engineering leading to successful professional careers.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Preparation : Graduates will be inculcated with relevant technical knowledge and software skills in the field of computer science and engineering that facilitates them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Core Competence : Graduates will possess fundamental knowledge in data structures, algorithms, programming languages, database, networks and software engineering to comprehend, analyse, design and develop software solutions.
- Breadth : Graduates will apply their in-depth knowledge acquired in the field of computer science and engineering to develop simple and user friendly solutions addressing the digital requirements for the efficient functioning of the modern society and industry.
- Professionalism : Graduates will function as computer engineering professionals displaying effective communication and managerial skills, ethical values and leadership and entrupreneurial qualities with ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context applying latest advances in computer science technology.
- Life Long Learning : Graduates will be receptive to emerging technologies and attain professional competence through lifelong learning by obtaining advanced degrees, membership in professional bodies, research publications and continuous involvement in professional activities.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. S. Arockiaraj||B.C.A.,||System Administrator|
|Mr. G. GaneshKumar||D.C.T.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. M. Sasi Kumar||D.C.S.E.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. M. Suthakar||B.C.A.,||Lab Technician|
Department of Computer Science and Engineering of AAACET has taken lot of initiatives to set up AWS Centre of Excellence in association with ICT Academy, Industrial oriented Internet of Things laboratory in association with Riyasaa labs, Red Hat Academy in association with Winways Infomatics. Ltd., to enhance and enrich the students’ knowledge to meet industry needs.
Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner
In today’s digital era, employers are constantly seeking skilled professionals with working knowledge of AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. AWS certifications are more valuable in the market and it helps to get good job. This course is conducted for our students to get AWS Certification which includes strong conceptual knowledge about AWS platform mixed with hands-on experience that can gain only by using the platform, it’s components and services on a daily basis.
Red Hat Linux Certification
Partner with Red Hat Academy, the Linux leaders will provide superior learning experience to our students. It also bridges the Gap between Education and Industry. Red Hat Academy provides a curriculum to help educational institutions keep pace with the demands of industry. Red Hat Academy turns academic institutions into centres for enterprise-ready talent by outfitting them with Red Hat training and certification.
Salesforce ADX-201 is an extensive and interactive, Administrative Essentials for New Admins in Lightning Experience is the core training that ensures the success with Salesforce Lightning. In this course, the students are trained on how to setup, configure, and maintain the organization’s Salesforce applications and deepening their knowledge of Salesforce Lightning Experience, including power users, sales operations, and IT managers.
Internet of Things
Internet of Things improves the education system and brings lot of added value to the teaching environment and student learning. The objective of this course is to impart knowledge in Internet of Things to our students and to train them with the requirement of the nation to become technocrats as well as entrepreneurs in IoT technology. Students gain valuable and marketable hands on learning experience with IoT Technologies and applications. Students can have opportunity to create new and innovative applications.
Java programming course helps the students in developing both desktop and web-based applications. Mainly Java applications get popularity due to the invention of the internet. Along with the revolution of the World Wide Web, Java application becomes popular and played an important role for every internet user.
Graphics Designing and Multimedia
Graphic Designing and multimedia course is conducted for the students to improve the skills in various areas such as graphic designing, video and audio editing, web designing, VFX (visual effects) creation, 2-D and 3-D animation, and multimedia programming. The multimedia programme enables students to learn how to use computer programmes and create interactive presentations materials. Students are trained in website development software like Cascading Style Sheet or the Adobe Creative Suite, which includes Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
Web Development using WordPress
The course is organized for preparing the students for developing their own websites and all the skills regarding website development. It covers installing WordPress on a local host, optimizing for SEO, creating pages and posts, custom menus and navigation systems, staging environments, multiple ways to work with themes and frameworks, and maintenance and migration.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has well-established Computer Laboratories with state-of-art infrastructure to cater the needs of the Engineering students. All computer laboratories are fully air-conditioned and the students can access the laboratories round the clock. Highly sophisticated and the latest configuration computers were installed in various laboratories to cater to the students quest for knowledge.
All the computer laboratories are equipped with structured Wi-Fi, LAN (CAT6 Cable), Fibre Cable and other relevant software. Computer laboratories are equipped with 323 computers (DELL, N-Computing, Thin_Client), 8 servers, 22 printers and over 11 laptops (DELL) with a dedicated network. The Computer laboratories are being upgraded from time to time to provide the best computational infrastructure.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has following laboratories for conducting curriculum laboratories, value added courses and doing research works by faculty and students.
- Computer Centre
- Computer Networks Laboratory
- Database Systems Laboratory
- Programming and Data Structures Laboratory
- Internet Programming Laboratory
- Internet of Things Laboratory