Industrial visit has its own importance in a career of a student who is pursuing a professional degree as the classroom is not sufficient to provide student an insight to internal working of companies. Industrial visit is considered as one of the tactical methods of teaching. The main reason behind this- Industrial visit helps to combine theoretical knowledge with industrial knowledge and gives them exposure to current work practices. It lets student to know things practically through interaction, working methods and employment practices.
Industrial visits are arranged by our college to students with an objective of providing students functional opportunity in different sectors like IT, Manufacturing and services, finance and marketing as students will be more concerned about earning a job after having an industrial visit.
The following leading industries were visited by our students as a part of the curriculum.
- Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Kudankulam
- Tuticorin thermal Power Plant, Tuticorin
- Indian Space Research Organisation, Trivandram
- Taneja and Aerospace and Aviation Limited, Hosur
- Anaamalais Toyota, Sivakasi
- TVS & Sons Pvt.Ltd., Madurai
- Sun Pressing Private Limited, Madurai
- Sundaram Brake Linings Limited, Mustakurichi
- BSNL, Virudhunagar
- HCL Technologies, Chennai
- L&T, Mumbai
- All India Radio,Madurai
- Ramco Cements, RR Nagar
- Madura Coats, Madurai
- BEW Structural Design Consultant, Chennai
- Tamilnadu State Transport Corporation, Virudhunagar
- Auto Tech, Chennai
- Jain Housing and Construction Limited, Chennai
- Vijayashanthi Builders, Chennai
Industrial Visit Details
AAA offers a number of value added courses beyond curriculum that equips students for a successful career. Faculty Development Programs are conducted to our faculties to enhance their knowledge in their expertise field and to keep them updated about the technological advancements in the field. Our faculties combine professional and industrial experience with the latest approaches in learning and teaching.
In our college all departments offer various additional technical courses for students to enhance their skills in their areas of interest
- Students of Civil Engineering Department are given intensive training in AutoCAD, REVIT architecture, STADD Pro and ANSYS.
- The Department of Computer Science and Engineering conducts training in C, Java, Database MySQL , PHP, AWS, IOT and SalesForce ADX 201.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering offers extensive training in PSPICE circuit simulation software, MATLAB programming, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems.
- The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducts hands on training in PSPICE circuit simulation, MATLAB programming, Power World Simulator, IOT, E-CAD and LABVIEW.
- Mechanical Department students are made to work in CAD/CAM, CreO, SPRUTCAM, ANSYS, 3D Printing and BOSCH Diagnostic Lab.
Value Added Courses
“Teaching in the Internet age means we must teach tomorrow’s skills today.”
– Jennifer Fleming
The value added courses aim to make our students to keep pace with the cutting-edge technologies pertaining to their chosen field of engineering.
The primary objectives are:
- To supplement the curriculum for preparing the students as best to meet industry demands
- To impart professional knowledge with relevant certifications to increase employability of the students.
- To help our students gain exposure to the latest in technological developments and to provide an opportunity to develop inter-disciplinary skills
The value added courses comprise of a wide range of short courses and workshops that are carefully planned to meet the interests of students, as well as help diversify their skills and technical knowledge. These courses have been selected after analyzing the work profiles and career portrayals of various job roles in core industries and IT companies. These programs will run parallel to the conventional degrees. At the end of year, the students will be equipped with Certificates in value added courses along with a conventional degree.
Value added courses are designed and offered by all the departments for the benefit of the students. Our Faculty members were well trained and certified by authorized certification organizations. From their expertise, our students gain knowledge, which will qualify them to face the formidable challenges of the industries.
AAA is dedicated to provide consistent, high quality education to ensure academic and professional success of students through internships, guest lectures and hands on trainings.
AAA has signed MOU with BOSCH, a world class qualifying program providing vocational training and internship to students. Students are given hands on training in emerging technologies with the help of skilled professionals and guest lectures are given to students by experts in the field.
“Give a man a fish; He’ll eat for a day.Teach a man to fish, He’ll eat for life.”
The vocational courses aspire to equip rural persons with practical skills for a specific profession or field. These are tailor-made courses to make them completely job ready. Hence, are habitually aimed at a focused career and intended in a manner such as to help them upgrade their skills for that particular profession.
In Vocational Courses, learning is imparted mainly through practical on-site experience and less through classroom teaching. The course is planned in a manner that when the students graduate they are totally prepared for the particular job and necessitate not much training in the basic functioning of things.
The main objectives
- To enhance the employability of unemployed youths through skill development in selected areas.
- To bridge the gap between demand and supply of skilled workforce in the industrial sector.
- To provide sustainable employment opportunities to the needy and the vulnerable unemployed rural youths.
- To disseminate technical knowledge and appropriate skill practices through standard systems of training, testing and certification to validate proficiency levels.
|Red Hat Academy|
|M/s The Creator Industries|
|Silicon Software Services|
|AMOGAA Products Private Ltd.|
|FINLAND LABS Unit of REVERT TECHNOLOGY Pvt.Ltd|
|WAXING AUTOMATION SYSTEMS|
|Federation of all Civil Engineers Association of Tamilnadu and Puducherry|
|Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd|