Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department offers a B.E. program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The faculty team consists of experts from academia. Several faculty members have received their graduate and postgraduate degrees from well-reputed institutions and have been working on research in different areas. The department has well equipped Labs such as Communication lab, Advanced Microprocessor lab, Electronics circuit lab, Microwave lab, Electronics CAD lab, Digital/Analog circuits lab, Optical fiber communication lab, and VLSI lab.
The Department has signed MOU with BSNL, to provide real time training for the students in the field of advanced communications. IETE student chapter was established in ECE department. Value added courses in areas such as Electronic circuit design using PSPICE, Image and Signal processing applications using MATLAB, VLSI circuit design using Mentor Graphics, Embedded system design using Embedded C and Robotics are conducted time to time to facilitate the students to improve their designing and analyzing skills and also create awareness in the technologies which are currently used in the industries. Vocational courses in different areas such as Health and Safety measurements, ECAD-Electronic Computer Aided Design, Combinational and Sequential logic, Advanced Digital System Design, Electrical and Electronics measurement of Testing, Radio Communication, Principles and applications of Microcontroller, Programmable Logic Controller and Employee Skill Development have given by PEARSON EDUCATION. They take out the students to world’s leading industries for practical understanding of the technology and shape the students to meet the industrial requirements.
- To be a premier engineering department in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering by imparting quality education, carrying out innovative research and technology development according to the industrial standards for the well-being of the society.
- To provide eminent faculties and establish a unique student centric learning environment, inculcate profound knowledge in the frontier areas of Electronics and Communication engineering.
- To impart ethical values and leadership qualities for becoming a successful professional/entrepreneur with societal commitments.
- To promote student’s technical skills in solving complex electronics and communication engineering problems and provide a platform for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary research activities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability to apply the basic and fundamental knowledge to identify, formulate and solve real-time problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate the technical competency in the usage of modern software/hardware tools to design, analyze, synthesis and validation of components, subsystems and processes in VLSI, Signal Processing and Embedded control Systems.
- Ability to apply domain knowledge to carry out innovative projects with ethical and professional constraints leading to a successful career.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be inculcated with relevant technical knowledge and software skills in the field of electronics and communication engineering that will facilitate them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will possess competency in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to identify, analyze and solve problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- Graduates will apply their in-depth knowledge to design and development of various electronics and communication systems for multi-disciplinary applications.
- Graduates will function professionally in a rapidly changing world due to the advances in electronics and communication technologies and concepts with effective communication skills, administrative skills and capability to relate engineering issues to broader social perspectives.
- Graduates will be receptive to emerging technologies and attain professional competence through lifelong learning such as advanced degrees, membership registration in professional bodies, research publications and other professional activities.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. M. Saravana Kumar||D.E.E.E.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. Janakiraman||I.T.I.,||Lab Technician|
To effectuate the demands of the industry, we impart practical training to our students through Value Added Courses in their course fields.
- Mentor Graphics
- Spice Tools