Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 2013 and offers B.E program in Electronics and Communication Engineering with an intake of 60 students. The Department of ECE is committed to providing quality professional education to young aspiring engineers. The mission of the department is to provide state of the art infrastructure and student centric learning environment to facilitate young engineers acquire profound technical knowledge in the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering along with ethical values and leadership qualities to become as a successful professional/entrepreneur. The department has well experienced and dedicated faculty members. Several faculty members have received their graduate, postgraduate and Doctorate degrees from institutions of national and international repute and have been working on in various research areas.
The department has state of the art laboratories such as Communication lab, Advanced Microprocessor lab, Electronics circuit lab, Microwave lab, Electronics CAD lab, Devices and circuits lab, Linear Integrated Circuits Lab, Optical fiber communication lab, and VLSI lab to provide the students with the necessary and sufficient backing of practical knowledge, besides encouraging them to carry out their innovative research and development ideas.
Apart from the Core laboratories prescribed by the Anna University, department also has E-YANTRA Robotics Laboratory and also has a Center Excellence in Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT). Certification courses are conducted by these labs/center throughout the year for ECE and other department students.
The department has consistently achieved excellent results in the university examinations and have obtained university rank in the year 2018.
The Department has signed various academic institutions and industries for imparting recent and advanced technical knowledge to the students. The department has MOU with BSNL, to provide real time training for the students in the field of advanced communications. IETE student chapter was established in ECE department and various Symposiums, Seminars and Workshops are organized through it.
Value added courses are offered to the students in areas such as Electronic circuit design using PSPICE, Image and Signal processing applications using MATLAB, VLSI circuit design using Mentor Graphics, Embedded system design using Embedded C are conducted time to time to facilitate the students to improve their creative thinking capabilities, designing and analyzing skills and also create awareness in the technologies which are currently used in the industries.
Vocational courses in different areas such as Health and Safety measurements, ECAD-Electronic Computer Aided Design, Combinational and Sequential logic, Advanced Digital System Design, Electrical and Electronics measurement of Testing, Radio Communication, Principles and applications of Microcontroller, Programmable Logic Controller and on various other topics as per the student’s needs.
Apart from the above, Experts from the industry are periodically invited to give lectures/demonstrations to the students on the latest developments in the field. Students are given exposure to industries by industrial visits and industrial training session.
To make the students industry ready, Soft skill training is imparted to the students along with the technical courses from the first semester onwards. Various reputed companies visit the department every year for on-campus placement drives and department holds a placement record of more than 90%
- To be a premier engineering department in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering by imparting quality education, carrying out innovative research and technology development according to the industrial standards for the well-being of the society.
- To provide eminent faculties and establish a unique student centric learning environment, inculcate profound knowledge in the frontier areas of Electronics and Communication engineering.
- To impart ethical values and leadership qualities for becoming a successful professional/entrepreneur with societal commitments.
- To promote student’s technical skills in solving complex electronics and communication engineering problems and provide a platform for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary research activities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability to apply the basic and fundamental knowledge to identify, formulate and solve real-time problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate the technical competency in the usage of modern software/hardware tools to design, analyze, synthesis and validation of components, subsystems and processes in VLSI, Signal Processing and Embedded control Systems.
- Ability to apply domain knowledge to carry out innovative projects with ethical and professional constraints leading to a successful career.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be inculcated with relevant technical knowledge and software skills in the field of electronics and communication engineering that will facilitate them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will possess competency in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to identify, analyze and solve problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- Graduates will apply their in-depth knowledge to design and development of various electronics and communication systems for multi-disciplinary applications.
- Graduates will function professionally in a rapidly changing world due to the advances in electronics and communication technologies and concepts with effective communication skills, administrative skills and capability to relate engineering issues to broader social perspectives.
- Graduates will be receptive to emerging technologies and attain professional competence through lifelong learning such as advanced degrees, membership registration in professional bodies, research publications and other professional activities.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. M. Saravana Kumar||D.E.E.E.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. Janakiraman||I.T.I.,||Lab Technician|
No university curriculum can adequately cover all areas of importance or relevance to make the students employable. It is important for an Higher Education Institution to supplement the curriculum to make students better prepared to meet industry needs as well as develop their own interests and aptitudes. Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering offers a wide variety of certificate courses and Vocational courses which are conducted after class hours, weekends or during semester breaks. These courses are conducted by senior faculty in the department/academic experts from other institutions/Experts from Industry and help students stand apart from the rest in the job market by adding further value to their resume. The major objectives of these value-added courses are:
- To improve employability skills of our department students.
- To bridge the Institute – Industry gaps and make students industry ready.
- To provide students an understanding about the expectations of industry and to develop their own interests and aptitudes.
- To provide an opportunity to students to develop inter-disciplinary and research skills.
Value added courses are offered to the students in areas such as
- Image and Signal processing applications using MATLAB
- Electronic circuit design using PSPICE,
- Embedded system design using Embedded C
- VLSI circuit design using Mentor Graphics,
- Arduino Programing
are conducted time to time to facilitate the students to improve their creative thinking capabilities, designing and analyzing skills and also create awareness in the technologies which are currently used in the industries
Image and Signal Processing using MATLAB
MATLAB (Matrix Laboratory) is a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and proprietary programming language developed by MathWorks. MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++. Students undergo hands-on training in image and signal processing by using various tools available in MATLAB
PCB Designing is a mandate skill for an electrical/electronics engineer. So, students undergo PCB designing course and learn how to design a printed circuit board schematic, route traces in the PCB Layout window and create footprints and symbols for Microcontrollers like ATMEL 8051 and PIC. Printed Circuit Board design is very interesting for any electronics geek, anyone wishing to build his own PCB by themselves. It is very simple and easy to understand for beginners.
Value added course on Embedded Systems is offered to students for providing a real-world coding experience and hands on project work with ARM based Microcontrollers. Students will learn how to implement software configuration management and develop embedded software applications. Course assignments include creating a build system using the GNU Tool chain GCC and developing software in Linux on a Virtual Machine. The course concludes with a project where students will create their own build system and firmware that can manipulate memory.
VLSI or Very Large-Scale Integration is a way through which integrated circuit is created by integrating millions of transistors into a single chip. This design has become the most happening field of electronics and is finding its application in diverse range of electrical equipment like computer peripherals, cell phones, satellites, defense aerospace, consumer electronics, set top entertainment boxes and several other devices. VLSI design is taught to the students using MENTOR GRAPHICS software. VLSI Design Course imparts FPGA design flows, and trains the students extensively on the VLSI design methodologies, CMOS, VHDL and Verilog.
Arduino is a small computer used to connect the physical world to the digital world. Introduced in the early 2000s as a tool for design students who had no experience in electronics programming, it has become the most popular electronics prototyping tool, especially for IoT product development. In this course students will learn about various types of sensors and interfacing methods. Also students gets hand-on experience in monitoring various sensor parameters and storing in the cloud servers and controlling various devices through Internet of Things (IOT)
Department also has E-YANTRA Robotics Laboratory and also has a Center Excellence in Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT). Certification/Training courses are conducted as a value-added addition by these labs/center throughout the year for our ECE and other department students.
Soft Skills Training: To meet the growing Industrial demands and expectations the Department is striving hard to develop the skills of students by giving them placement training. The Placement training starts from the very beginning of the first semester itself. The Placement training includes:
- Campus Recruitment Training
- Aptitude Test Training
- Programing & Data Structures in C
- Programing in Java
- Web Technology
- English Language Lab Training
- Certified Course in Red hat
- Training in Amazon Web Services
Workshops: Apart from Value added courses for enhancing the student’s skills, numerous seminars, workshops, Hands on training sessions are conducted for our students to provide a broad overview of the numerous higher education & career options available to students after degree. Career guidance programs are also conducted to the students to assist students in identifying career options and appropriate higher education routes for each, thus enabling them determine the steps they need to take to equip themselves for their future.
All department of AAA College of Engineering & Technology organizes several programs in association with professional chapters, Industries, Academicians and Government agencies on a regular basis. The participating students and faculty enhances their knowledge and understanding of the various technological advancements brought to them in the campus through experts. For more details click the below link
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been one of the core branches of Engineering. Even imagining a life bereft of electronic gadgets seems impossible in today’s world. There is no field left across the globe where one cannot find the usage of electronics and communication engineering. It has got wide application in Industries. Electronics and Communication Engineers are required in manufacturing of ICs, Embedded systems, Teleservices, Networks, Satellite Communication and all major industries and small-scale industries as well as in Government sectors like BSNL, BHEL. The Department has well developed laboratories, infrastructure and ecosystem contributing to wholesome development of the future technocrats.
The department has the following well – developed laboratories
- Communication System Laboratory
- Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller Laboratory
- Advanced Communication Laboratory
- Optical and Microwave Laboratory
- Linear Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Electronic Devices Laboratory