Institution’s Innovation Council Activities
Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC), AAACET
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas. Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
- R.Meena Prakash, Asso.Prof/ECE, President
- M.S.Kalyana Sundaram, AP/EEE, Convener & Innovation Activity Coordinator
- R.Indhuja, AP/CSE, Start-up Activity Coordinator
- S.S.Dheeban, AP/EEE, Internship Coordinator
- G.Vairamuthu, Asso.Prof/Mech Engg., IPR Activity Coordinator
- S.Balamurugan, AP/Mech. Engg., Social Media Coordinator
- S.Krishnapriya, Asso.Prof/Civil Engg., ARIAA Coordinator
- S.Sevugarajan, Prof & Head/ECE, NIRF Coordinator
- M.Sekar, Principal, Member
- J.Sutha, Prof & Head/ CSE, Member
- C.Senthil Kumar, Prof & Head/EEE, Member
- P.Seeni Kannan, Prof & Head/Mech. Engg., Member
- P. S. Satheesh Kumar, Assistant Professor/Physics, Member
- K.Padmapriya, AP/ECE, Member
- G.Kavitha, AP/CSE, Member
- V.Ragavan, AP/Civil, Member
- Mr.Manikandan, AP/Civil, Member
- R.Rajaganapathy, IV year ECE, Innovation Activity Coordinator
- Hari Priya, III year Civil Engg., Innovation Activity Coordinator
- Guruchandran, II year CSE, Innovation Activity Coordinator
- Sangavi, I year Civil Engg., Innovation Activity Coordinator
- A.Jeganathan, IV year Civil Engg., Start-up Activity Coordinator
- Vishnu, III year CSE, Start-up Activity Coordinator
- Dhinesh Kumar, II year ECE, Start-up Activity Coordinator
- Sai Janani, I year CSE, Start-up Activity Coordinator
- Kabilan Rajasekar, IV year CSE, Internship Coordinator
- Kasinathan, III year EEE, Internship Coordinator
- Kala, II year EEE, Internship Coordinator
- Durgadevi, I year EEE, Internship Coordinator
- Muthukamatchi, IV year Mech. Engg., IPR Activity Coordinator
- Aditya , III year Mech. Engg., IPR Activity Coordinator
- Nirmal Venkatesh, II year Mech. Engg., IPR Activity Coordinator
- Vigneshwaran, I year Mech. Engg., IPR Activity Coordinator
- Yadev Aniket, IV year EEE, Social Media Coordinator
- Sabari Shri, III year ECE, Social Media Coordinator
- Belcia Darling, II year Civil Engg., Social Media Coordinator
- Neha, I year ECE, Social Media Coordinator