AAA College of Engineering is affiliated to Anna University and in the short period it has grown into an institution that provides excellent technical education keeping the overall growth and development of the students. Both academic and non-academic activities are given equal importance in AAA Engineering College. The principle educational objective of civil department is to provide the students with fundamental knowledge and the skills needed to resolve the problems related to construction and maintenance of infrastructure in harmony with the society and environment.
Accomplished staff, quality driven innovation and superior accountability are the reasons for the student’s achievements. The college is committed to equip future graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to work and excel in the ever more competitive global environment. Civil department is equipped with all the latest facilities such as Video-conferencing – interconnecting Wireless-enabled lab and high capacity, Servers with multiple operating systems. High-rise buildings, bridges, subway stations, stunning airports, highways and hydroelectric dams are some of the interesting hallmarks of human civilization and urbanization.
Civil engineering teaches us how to construct infrastructure and create an environment that will be conducive for living in the modern world. Civil department are conducting value added courses such as Auto CAD, STADD.pro, Revit architecture, ANSYS etc. to train the students for the industry needs. Periodical guest lectures are arranged to the students to update themselves to the present. Every year we are conducting one-week survey camp for our students that provide practical experience and better adjustment with others.
Civil department are providing inplant training with renowned companies for our students. Apart from academic activities all the civil engineering students are allowed to draw a plan of residential building, commercial buildings etc. according to the taste of the individual.
- To become the school of excellence in Civil Engineering that imparts quality technical education with high technical competencies to promote innovative research for the betterment of the society.
- To provide civil engineering education that advances intellectual development of students by following innovative teaching learning methods with academic and professional mentoring.
- To inculcate civil engineers with theories and techniques that would enable the students carry out research and provide cost-effective, innovative solutions for complex civil engineering problems in collaboration with industries and academicia.
- To develop diversified community of successful civil engineering professionals and entrepreneurs with social and ethical responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability to apply the basic knowledge to identify and solve real world civil engineering problems in structural, environmental, transportation, geotechnical and construction engineering.
- Ability to apply the acquired engineering knowledge for the planning, analysis, design and construction of complex civil engineering structures with appropriate consideration for public health, safety and eco-friendliness.
- Ability to apply the domain expertise for the development of innovative technologies by considering cost-effectiveness and sustainability that leads to successful professional careers in civil engineering.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be inculcated with theoretical and practical knowledge with application of modern tools in the field of civil engineering that facilitates them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will possess competency to plan, analyze, design, estimate and execute complex civil engineering structures based on fundamental principles, design and safety requirements as per standards.
- Graduates will apply their acquired civil engineering skills and knowledge to provide solutions for various problems related to core and multi-disciplinary fields.
- Graduates will function as technically competent professionals with effective communication skills, managerial skills and capability to execute civil engineering projects utilizing latest innovative technologies considering social perspectives.
- Graduates will be receptive to emerging technologies and attain professional competence through lifelong learning by obtaining advanced degrees, membership in professional bodies, research publications and continuous involvement in professional activities.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. P. Senthil Kumar||D.C.E.,||Lab Technician|
To effectuate the demands of the industry, we impart practical training to our students through Value Added Courses in their course fields.
- Auto CADD
- REVIT Architecture
- STADD Pro
- 3ds max
- Total Station