ABOUT OUR PRINCIPAL
Dr. M. Sekar, a well-known academician has taken the charge as Principal of AAA college of Engineering and Technology since July 2018. Dr. Sekar had obtained his Doctoral Degree (AIU Approval No: 023602) from Kyungpook National University, South Korea which is ranked among the top 500 World Universities. He was awarded the prestigious Korean Research Fund (KRF) to carry out his research work. Dr. Sekar is a Mechanical Engineer by profession and specialized in the Control of Micro Machines. He is an alumnus of PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Dr. Sekar has the vision of fostering academic learning and research among students and research scholars for the development of innovative concepts and products to the betterment of the society. He firmly believes that quality education can only lead to innovations and new product developments. Dr. Sekar brings his wide and rich administrative, industrial, research and international exposure to achieve the vision and build institutions.
- “Damping analysis of a quad beam MEMS piezoresistive accelerometer”, International Journal of Modelling and Simulation, DOI: 10.1080/02286203.2020.1734740. IF 1.825.
- “U-drill embedded with phase change heat transfer device for machining applications” Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, 2019 (IF 4.0).
- “Numerical Study on the Influence of Mass and Stiffness Ratios on the Vortex Induced Motion of an Elastically Mounted Cylinder for Harnessing Power”, Energies, Vol. 11, No. 10, 2018. (IF 2.707).
- “Near perfect path generation of corners-chamfered-recta”ngle and single synthesis cam-link mechanism to generate special-slot path”, Mechanical Based Design of Machines and Structures, Vol. 46, No. 4, 483-498, 2018, (IF 1.986), ISSN: 1539-7734.
- “Effect of short glass fibre and fillers on friction and wear performance of multi-phased thermoplastic copolyester elastomer composites”, J. Nanotechnol., Vol. 14, Nos. 9/10/11, pp. 893-906, 2017, (IF 0.578), ISSN: 1475-7435.
- Optimal synthesis and kinematic analysis of adjustable four-bar linkages to generate filleted rectangular paths”, Mechanical Based Design of Machines and Structures, Vol.45, No.3, pp. 363-379, 2017 (IF 1.986), ISSN: 1539-7734.
- “Abrasive wear behaviour of thermoplastic copolyester elastomer composites: A statistical approach”, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp: 755-763, June 2016, (IF 1.779), ISSN: 2234-7593, E:2005-4602.
- “Analytical expression for thermal conductivity of heat pipe”, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 100, pp. 462–467, May 2016, (IF. 4.026), ISSN: 1359-4311.
- “Physico-Mechanical behavior of thermoplastic co-polyester elastomer / polytetrafluroethylene composite with short fibers and micro fillers”, Journal of Composite Materials, Vol. 49, No. 18, pp. 2217-2229, August 2015, (IF 1.755), ISSN: 0021-9983; E-ISSN: 1530-793X
- “Role of filler on Mechanical Properties of selected thermo plastic composites”, Emerging Materials Research 4 (1), 108-118, June 2015, (IF 0.313), ISSN 2046-0147.
- “Design and implementation of high performance real-time free form NURBS interpolator in micro CNC machine tool”, Journal of Machines and Mechanics Based Structure, An Internal Journal, Vol.42, Issue 3,pp. 296–311, May 2014. (IF 1.986) ISSN: 1539-7734, IF 1.986.
- “Prediction of surface roughness in turning operations by computer vision using neural network trained by differential evolution algorithm”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 51, No. 9-12, pp. 965-971. December 2010, (IF 2.496).
- “Prediction of optimal stability states in inward-turning operation using neurogenetic algorithms”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 45, No. 7-8, 679–689, August 2009. (IF 2.496) P ISSN: 0268-3768, E ISSN: 1433-3015.
- “Stability analysis of turning process with tailstock-supported workpiece”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 43, No. 9-10, pp. 862–871, May 2009.(IF 2.496), ISSN: 0268-3768, E ISSN: 1433-3015.
- Seung-Han Yang, J. Srinivas, M. Sekar, Lee Dong Mok and Balaji, “Optimization of electric discharge machining using simulated annealing”, Journal of Material Processing Technology, Vol. 209, No.9, pp. 4471-4475, May 2009. (IF 4.178) , ISSN: 0924-0136
- “Integrated approach to trim stability lobes”. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol.9, No.4, pp.83–85, October 2008. (IF 1.779).
- “Design of jerk bounded feedrate with ripple effect for adaptive NURBS interpolator”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology,Vol.37, No. 5 pp. 545–552, May 2008. (IF 2.496), P ISSN: 0268-3768, E ISSN: 1433-3015.
- “Parametric NURBS curve interpolators: A review”, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 84–92, April 2008. (IF 1.779).
- “Towards reducing computational effort in vortex induced vibration predictions of a cylindrical riser”, Periodico Tche Qumica, Vol. 16, 2019 (ESCI), ISSN. 2179-0302.
- “Dynamic mechanical analysis and three-body abrasive wear behavior of thermoplastic copolyester elastomer composites,” Advances in Tribology, Volume 2014, Article ID 210187, November 2014, (ESCI), ISSN: 1687-5915.
- “Green composite materials for green technology in the automotive Industry”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 872 (2020) 012064 IOP Publishing doi:10.1088/1757-899X/872/1/012064
- “Dry Sliding Wear Performance of Thermoplastic Copolyester Elastomer Composites”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 895, 38-44, 2019.
- “Role of fibers and fillers on thermal behaviour of thermoplastic copolyester elastomer composites” AIP Conference Proceedings 2128 (1), 020018, 2019.
- “Power Law Enhancement Based Fuzzy C-Means Retinal Blood Vessel Segmentation”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-7, Issue-ICETESM, March 2019.
- “Influence of Frequency Ratio on the Hydroelastic Response of a Cylinder with Two Degrees of Freedom under Vortex Induced Vibration, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-8 Issue-9S3, July 2019
- “Comparative study of cutting fluid application methods to improve machining conditions during surface grinding on AISI 1040 steel”, Advances in Manufacturing Processes, pp.71-79. 2019.
- “Etch time optimization in bulk silicon MEMS devices using a novel compensation structure”, Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Vol.471, pp.33-40, January 2018, (Scopus), ISSN: 1876-1100.
- “Machining chatter analysis for high speed milling operations” IOP Materials Science and Engineering, Volume.247, No.1. pp. 012014, October 2017, (Scopus), ISSN: 757-899X.
- “Design of smooth ramp feedrate for machining complex NURBS paths”, IOP Materials Science and Engineering, Volume.247, No.1, pp. 012017, Oct. 2017, (Scopus), ISSN: 757-899X
- “Packaging in MEMS piezoresistive accelerometers- A review”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 0976 – 6340, Vol.8, 8, pp. 685–693, August 2017, (Scopus), ISSN: 0976 – 6340, ISSN E- 0976 – 6359.
- “Analysis of tribological properties of lubricating gear oil with nano silica particles, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol.79, No.2, pp: 59-65, December 2016, ISSN: 1734-8412.
- “Kinematic analysis of rectangular path generating adjustable four-bar linkage”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 592-594, pp. 1094-1098, July 2014, (Scopus), ISSN 1662-7482.
- “Feed effects on process stability in turning”, Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 129-132, Aug 2010, ISSN 0304-9809.
- Integration of cutting tool dynamics with variable feed rate NURBS interpolators, EUSPEN International Conference, 18-22, pp.401-405, May 2008, Zurich, Switzerland.
- “NURBS interpolator for improved high speed machining using minimum time method”, 4th Leading Edge Manufacturing, pp.187-190, 7-9 Nov. 2007, Fukuoka, Japan
- “Prediction of Hydro-dynamic Force Coefficients and Shedding Frequency during Vortex Shedding Behind a Stationary Cylinder”, International Journal of Structural Mechanics and Finite Elements Vol. 4: Issue 1, (2018), pp. 41–52
- “Effect of Short Glass Fiber and Fillers on Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Thermoplastic Co polyester Elastomer Composites”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Volume 5, Issue 9, pp. 71-80, September 2014, ISSN: 0976 – 6340.
- “Effects of fibers and fillers on mechanical properties of thermoplastic composites”, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science”, Vol. 2, Spl. Issue, pp. 28-35, 2014. ISSN No.: 2320-0898 (Print); 2320-0928 (Electronic) April, 2014
- “Tribological study of lubricating gear oil with nanosized Al2O3 additives”, Technology Letters, Vol.1, No.3, pp.14-18, March 2014. ISSN: 2348-8131
- “Design and evaluation of pocket milling cycles in CNC”, International Journal of Production Technology and Management Research Vol.4, No.2, pp. 33-38, July-December 2013
- “Numerical Study on Domain Independency for Prediction of Vortex Shedding Parameters of a Circular Cylinder”, Submitted in ICRADMM 2020
- “Characterization and Evaluation of Epoxy Resin Composites Reinforced with Different Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotube Concentration: Tribological and Mechanical Performance” 2nd International Conference on Nanoscience and NanoTechnology, ICNAN’19, 29th November – 1st December, 2019 VIT, Vellore.
- “Experimental investigation of epoxy based multi walled CNT reinforced composites”, International Conference on Multifunctional and Hybrid materials process for Chemical Energy, Environment and medical applications – IMCHEE, 9th – 11th, September 2019, NIT Trichy.
- “Power Law Enhancement Based Fuzzy C-Means Retinal Blood Vessel Segmentation”, 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Sciences & Management (ICEESM’18), held at the RGM College of Engineering & Technology, Nandyal, Andhra Pradesh, India on 21st -22nd December 2018.
- “Influence of Frequency Ratio on the Hydroelastic Response of a Cylinder with Two Degrees of Freedom under Vortex Induced Vibration”, 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Sciences & Management (ICEESM’18), held at the RGM College of Engineering & Technology, Nandyal, Andhra Pradesh, India on 21st -22nd December 2018.
- “Prediction of interaction between inline and cross flow responses of cylinder under vortex induced vibration”, International Conference on Computational and Experimental Marine Hydrodynamics”, MARHY 2018, 26-27 November 2018, IITM, Chennai, India.
- “Comparative study of cutting fluid application methods to improve machining conditions during surface grinding on AISI 1040 steel”, International Conference on Engineering Materials, Metallurgy and Manufacturing, 15-16 February 2018, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
- “Machining Investigations of a Free Form Curve”, International Conference on Contemporary Design and Analysis of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering Systems, Jan 18-20,2018, NIT Trichy.
- “Experimental analysis of properties of Biolubricant derived from Palm Kernel Oil” accepted in International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology (ICETEST) – PDME Jan 2018, GCT- Trissur.
- “Etch time optimization in bulk silicon MEMS devices using a novel compensation structure”, International Conference on Micro-Electronics, Electromagnetics and Telecommunications, P-13, September 9-10, 2017, BVRIT, Hyderabad.
- “Packaging in MEMS Piezoresistive Accelerometers: a Review”, Micro2017, 4th International Conference on Microelectronics Circuits and Systems, 3-4 June 2017, pp. 111-116, Darjeeling, West Bengal, July 2017.
- “Machining chatter analysis for high speed milling operations”,” IEEE – Recent Advances in Aerospace Engineering (ICRAAE-2017), pp. 248-253, 3-4 March, 2017, Karunya University, India.
- “Tribological study of anti-friction lubricating gear oil with nano additives of abrasive particles”, International Conference on Advanced Material Technologies (ICAMT), 27-28th December 2016, pp. 145-152, Dadi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- “Novel heat pipe embedded U drill for machining applications”, International conference on Recent Trends in Engineering Science and Technology (ICRTEST 2016), pp. 343-416, 25-27 Oct 2016, St. Peters Engineering College, Hyderabad, India.
- “Tribological study of anti-friction lubricating gear oil with nano additives of Al2O3 and SiO2 Particles”, International Conference on Smart Design and Sustainable Manufacturing, pp. 166-171, Oct. 2016, ACCET, Karaikudi, India.
- “Numerical study on vortex induced vibration of marine drilling risers under uniform and sheared flow”, The 2016 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental and Materials Research, Aug.28 – Sept.1, 2016, Jeju Island, Korea.
- “Analysis of tribological properties of lubricating gear oil with nano silica particles”, International Conference on Fascinating Advancement in Mechanical Engineering (FAME2016), pp.497-502, 18-19 March 2016, MEPKO, Sivakasi, India.
- “Effect of short glass fiber and fillers on friction and wear performance of multi-phased thermoplastic copolyester elastomer composites”, Second Indo-Canadian Symposium on Nanoscience and Technology, 18-19 February 2016, NIE, Mysuru.
- “Role of filler on mechanical properties of selected thermo plastic composites”, Advancements in Polymeric Materials, pp.256, 20-22 February, 2015, IISc Bengaluru.
- “Abrasive wear behavior of thermo plastic co polyester elastomer composite”, International Conference on Advances in Materials and Materials Processing, pp. 221-236, 22-23 January 2015, Karunya University, Coimbatore, India.
- “Effect of short glass fiber and fillers on dry sliding wear behavior of thermoplastic co polyester elastomer composites” at International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Management (ICCTEM ), pp.34, 17-19 July 2014, Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore, India.
- “Kinematic analysis of rectangular path generating adjustable four-bar linkage”, International Mechanical Engineering Congress (IMEC 2014), 13-15 June 2014, NIT, Trichy, India.
- “A computing tool for analysis of geometrical properties for machining free form curves International Conference on Modelling, Optimisation and Computing (ICMOC – 2014), 10- 11 April, 2014, NI University, Kumaracoil, Nagercoil , Tamilnadu.
- “Tribological study of lubricating gear oil with nanosized Al2O3 additives”, International Conference on Advances in Tribology, 21-24 Feb 2014, NIT, Calicut, Kerala.
- “Role of short fibers and micron sized ceramic fillers on three-body abrasive wear behavior of thermoplastic copolyester elastomer / polytetrafluroethylene blend composites”, International Conference on Advances in Tribology 2014, 21-24 Feb 2014, NIT, Calicut, Kerala.
- “Characterization of thermoplastic copolyester elastomer / polytetraflouroethylene blend and their composites”, International Conference on Advanced Polymeric Materials 11-13 Oct. 2013, P.15, M G University, Kottayam, Kerala.
- “Effect of micro filler additions on the flexure and impact properties short glass fiber reinforced arnitel / polytetra flouroethylene blend”, International Conference on Advanced Materials , Manufacturing, Management and Thermal Science (AMMMT13), pp.301, 3-4 May 2013, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka.
- “Design and evaluation of pocket milling cycles in CNC”, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Advanced Manufacturing Research (ICCIAMR 2013), pp.103-108, 5-6 April 2013, Vel’s University, Chennai.
- “Design and Implementation of high performance Real-Time Free Form NURBS Interpolator in Micro CNC Machine Tool”, International Conference on Microactuators and Micromechanisms, (MAMM-2012), 20-21 January 2012, CMERI, Durgapur.
- “Modeling of smooth ramp feedrate schedules for precision interpolation of parametric free form shapes in CNC controllers”, Proceedings of First International Conference on Modeling, Control, Automation and Communication (ICMCAC–2010), pp.66-71, 20-21 December 2010, Vellammal Engineering College, Chennai.
- “Design and implementation of interpolator for Meso machine”, International Conference on Precision, Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering – COPEN 6, K1-K4, 11-12 Dec 2009, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- “Design of spindles for chatter stability”, Asia Pacific Conference on Optics Manufacture, p.114, 11-14 Feb 2009, Taipei, Taiwan.
- “An algorithm to detect feed rate sensitive corners for variable feedrate NURBS interpolation, Second International Conference on Logistics and Supply Chain Management – ILSCM 2008, 413-418, 7-9 Aug. 2008, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- “Optimized feedrate interpolation scheme for precise CNC machining of multiple NURBS curves”, ASME International Symposium on Flexible Automation, JS 022, 23-26 June 2008, Atlanta, USA.
- “Real time jerk limited NURBS Interpolator for precision machining with Miniaturized machine tool”, The Eighth Asia-Pacific Conference on Materials Processing, pp. 559-564, 15-20 June 2008, Guilin, China.
- “Optimization of electric discharge machining using simulated annealing”, The Eighth Asia-Pacific Conference on Materials Processing, pp. 741-747, 15-20 June 2008, Guilin, China.
- “Neural network approach for cutting parameter selection in milling”, 9thInternational Symposium on Measurement and Quality Control, pp. 255-261, 21-24 Nov 2007, IIT- Madras.
- “Thermal modeling of forcer of a two phase planar motor”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Positioning Technology, pp. 6-8, 12-13 Oct. 2006, South Korea.
- “Design of jerk bounded feedrate for adaptive NURBS interpolator”, Proceedings of Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies (AMPT) 2006, pp.N13 198, 30 Jul-Aug 3 2006, Las Vegas, USA.
- “Design development of drill guide system for dental implantation using rapid prototyping”, Proceedings of International Conference on Global Manufacturing and Innovation, pp.143, 27-29 July 2006, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
Title of the thesis
Dr. J. Hemanth,
(Government Tool Room, Mysore).
Processing and study of thermal, mechanical and tribological behaviour of particulate filled polymer composites.
Dr. G. Ganesan
(Former Associate Professor ME – Karunya University)
Near perfect path generation and simplified kinematic analysis of adjustable four-bar mechanism using reconstructed adjustable parameter curve method.
Dr. Grace Jency Gnanam
(Asst. Professor ECE – Karunya University)
Analysis of a cross axis Sensitivity silicon piezoresistive Accelerometer.
Dr. K. Prabhu
(Managing Director –Creator Research & Development)
Tribological study of anti-friction lubricating Gear oil with nano additives of abrasive particles.
Dr. I. Kantharaj
(Asst. Professor ME – Karunya University)
Heat pipe embedded cutters for machining applications.
Dr. Vidya Chandran
(Asst. Professor ME – SCMS CET Cochin)
Numerical analysis of hydroelastic response of marine risers under vortex induced vibration (VIV)
- Multi Finned Heat Pipe Embedded Boring Tool – 201941032859
- Multi Finned Heat-Pipes Embedded Milling Cutter (in progress)
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers India (F-1210129 on March 2016)
- Fellow of Indian Institute of Production Engineers (LF-7185 on April 2014)
- Member of Indian Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air conditioning Engineers -ISHRAE (M-40556 on March 2018)
- Member of Indian Laser Society (L-1010 from 2013)
- Member of Indian Welding Society (L-01289 on Dec 2012).
- Member of Association of Machines and Mechanisms (India) (M-20110004 on Feb 2011)
- Certified Chartered Engineer from Institution of Engineers (India) (M-140871-7 on Jul 2010)
- Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (M 29090 on 2000)
- Self Directed Learning to strengthen Teaching, Empathy and Research Skills (SDL-TERS) during Covid-19 Lock down to promote experiential learning amongst student community
- ” A novel wi-fi embedded system to measure and analyse temperatures in metal cutting” at the National conference NCEEECE’18 held on 4th April 2018 at JCT college of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
- “Stability Analysis of Milling Process using Bifurcation Theory” National Conference on Innovations in Mechanical Engineering (NCIME 17), April 20, 2017, Karunya University, Coimbatore.
- “Failure analysis of quad beam piezo-resistive accelerometer”, National Conference on Signal Processing, Information and Communication Engineering, PSGCT, 2016.
- “Role of fiber, micro and nanofillers on physico-mechanical behavior of thermoplastic copolyester elastomer composites” for NSM2014, August 2014, National Seminar on Nanostructured Materials, Sponsored by UGC at NSS Hindu College.
- “Influence of fillers of Mechanical, Morphological and Thermal properties of Glass fiber reinforced thermo plastic copolyester elastomer hybrid composite”, National Conference in Advances in Polymeric Materials, 25-26th April 2014, SJCE Mysore.
- “Kinematic Analysis of Adjustable Four-Bar Mechanism”, National Conference on Advances in Design and Manufacturing of Mechanical Systems, pp.11, 3-4th April 2014, Sri Krishna College of Technology, Coimbatore,.
- “A case study on the application of electro pneumatics”, Design and computer simulation of pneumatic and electro pneumatic systems for mechanization, FESTO Sponsored Workshop at PSG college of Technology, Coimbatore, India, 1997.
Intelligent Micro Manufacturing Laboratory,
A National Research Laboratory,
KYUNGPOOK National University, S. Korea.
Doctoral Thesis title:
“Intelligent Feedrate Planning for Real-Time NURBS Curve Generation in CNC Machine Tools”, (2005-2009).
Graduated from: Intelligent Micro Manufacturing System Laboratory, National Research Laboratory.
Advisor: Dr. Seung Han Yang, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea.