Mechanical Engineering education is a very strategic and specialized segment where the engineers are being trained to meet the innovative demands of futuristic technologies. Our department offers world class facilities to create students as global leaders in Engineering & Technology to provide solutions to real time problems and innovate new ideas.
Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines, which requires a solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, fluid flow and Heat transfer, Computer integrated Manufacturing, materials science and energy. Students are trained to use the core principles as well as other knowledge in the field to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, motor vehicles, aircraft, robotics and energy saving devices.
Through project work, students can choose to use nationally-recognised materials characterisation facilities, explore the cross-disciplinary aspect of mechanical engineering, applying their skills in areas ranging from 3D printing to Space technology.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is committed to blossom into Centre of Excellence and research leading to well qualified engineers, who will be innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields to cater the ever changing industrial demands and social needs. Department is also encouraging our faculties for quality improvement programs to learn latest change and trends in their respective fields.
Professional student chapters like ISHRAE, SAE are functioning to conduct technical activities for the students. Department of Mechanical Engineering is committed to promote technological advancement apart from curriculum through various activities like hands-on practice, expert talks, industrial visits, having MOU with several industries, skill development workshops and conventional technologies.
- To be an eminent centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering for quality technical education and scientific research leading to social development.
- Imparting quality education to create efficient mechanical engineers through eminent faculty.
- Providing the state-of-the art infrastructure to facilitate the cutting edge research in emerging field of mechanical engineering.
- Undertaking multidisciplinary and collaborative projects with industries and research organizations.
- Serving the society by developing competent engineers and entrepreneurs with outstanding leadership qualities and moral values.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability to apply the basic knowledge to identify, formulate and solve problems in the domains of thermal, machine design, manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Ability to provide solutions to complex Mechanical Engineering problems by acquiring technological inputs and managerial skills and utilizing advanced technology with the help of modern CAD/CAM/CAE tools
- Ability to develop mechanical and allied products with socio-economic concern by applying innovative ideas under ethical and professional constraints leading to a successful career.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be inculcated with relevant technical knowledge and software skills in the field of Mechanical engineering that will facilitate them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will possess competency in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to identify, analyze and solve problems in the field of Mechanical engineering.
- Graduates will apply their in-depth knowledge to design and development of various Mechanical systems for multi-disciplinary applications.
- Graduates will function professionally in a rapidly changing world due to the advances in Mechanical engineering technologies and concepts with effective communication skills, administrative skills and capability to relate engineering issues to broader social perspectives.
- Graduates will be receptive to emerging technologies and attain professional competence through lifelong learning such as advanced degrees, membership registration in professional bodies, research publications and other professional activities.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. R. Kandasamy||I.T.I.,||Workshop Instructor|
|Mr. T. Vadivel Murugan||I.T.I.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. T. Thambirajan||Skilled Assistant|
To effectuate the demands of the industry, we impart practical training to our students through Value Added Courses in their course fields.
3D printing is a way of creating three dimensional (3D) solid objects 3D printing is done by building up the object layer by layer. Usually, 3D printers uses PLA a plastic filament, because it is easier to use and cheaper. Some 3D printers can 3D print with other materials, like metals and ceramics, but they cost too much money for most people.3D printers are useful because they can make new objects very fast, and are good at making them very detailed. This means an engineer can test a lot of new designs and not have to wait for someone else to make them. They are also useful for fixing parts made of plastic, and for making toys, figures, and models. There are a lot of people who print 3D objects at home. In this students can manufacture the components by means of 3D printing.
Bosch Diagnostic Lab
The main objective of this Bosch Diagnostic Lab to transfer the current automotive technologies to Students, trains students on the diagnosis, service, repair and troubleshooting of a modern automobile. It is equipped with BOSCH Vehicle diagnosis system, BOSCH Vehicle air-conditioning maintenance system and motion logic drives. The benefit of this Diagnostic Lab enhances their competency levels for better employability. Bosch Diagnostic Lab Established with Bosch Air conditioning service equipment, Wheel balancer, Tyre changer and Head lamp aligner, through this diagnostic lab the students to validate their knowledge and skills at a professional level with internationally reputed BOSCH certification.
SPRUTCAM / CNC TRAIN
CNC means Computer Numerical Control. This means a computer converts the design produced by Computer Aided Design software (CAD), into numbers. The numbers can be considered to be the coordinates of a graph and they control the movement of the cutter. In industries the CNC machines are used for various machining operations like turning, drilling and milling. The complete process of CNC machining depends on CAD and CAM. The word CAD stands for Computer Aided Design whereas the word CAM stands for Computer Aided Manufacturing. With the help of CAD, one can make 3-D design of the object which anyone have to make and with the help of CAM that design is converted into reality.
ANSYS is Mechanical finite element analysis software is used to simulate computer models of any structures or machine components for analyzing strength, toughness, elasticity, temperature distribution, electromagnetism, fluid flow, and other attributes. It covers an enormous range of applications and comes complete with everything one need from geometry preparation to optimization and all the steps in between. In ANSYS, one can simulate by means of rigid body mechanics and dynamic analysis. The Rigid Body is capability to solve mechanisms rapidly, whereas dynamic analysis includes, linear dynamics, modal, harmonic and random vibration.
AUTOCAD / CREO / SOLIDWORKS
AUTOCAD / CREO / SOLIDWORKS are basic designing software for mechanical engineers. It provides flexible and user friendly features with the tools to design the applications and document the workflows. This involves aggregate and import models for the formats and usually allows the design to get created without any change in source model. It provides tools to provide the formats by detailed designing the layouts and drawings using the views automatically. It also has the provision to create detailed design layouts and views can be drawn automatically using the source model. AutoCAD is important for engineers to produce 2D and 3D designs. Drawing designs manually consumed enough time. With the software, one can increase the efficiency of their work. The quality of designs improves on using the software.
In these software the students will learn about the various symbols, selection of standards in bolts, nuts, screws, keys etc, Limits, Fits and Tolerance of individual dimensions, 2D and 3D models are drawn using the tools like Editing, Dimensioning, Layering, Hatching, Block, Array, Detailing, Sketcher, Datum planes, Protrusion, Holes, Part modeling, Extrusion, Revolve, Sweep, Loft, Blend, Fillet, Pattern, Chamfer, Round, Mirror, Section and Assembly. The assignments are given to make 3D parts of Bearings, Joints, Couplings, Engine parts and miscellaneous machine components.
All department of AAA College of Engineering & Technology organizes several programs in association with professional chapters, Industries, Academicians and Government agencies on a regular basis. The participating students and faculty enhances their knowledge and understanding of the various technological advancements brought to them in the campus through experts. For more details click the below link
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been one of the core branches of Engineering. It has got wide application in Industries. Mechanical Engineers are required in manufacturing, automobile industry, power plants, aviation industry, nuclear energy and all major industries and small-scale industries as well as in Government sectors. The department has well developed laboratories, infrastructure and ecosystem contributing to wholesome development of the future technocrats.
The department has the following well – developed laboratories
- Manufacturing Technology Laboratory
- CAD / CAM Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory (Internal Combustion Engine Laboratory)
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics & Machines Laboratory
- Dynamics Laboratory
- Metrology & Measurement Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Heat & Mass Transfer Laboratory
- Engineering Practice Laboratory