The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been one of the core branches of Engineering. It has got wide applications in industries. Mechanical engineers are required in manufacturing, automobile industry, power plants, aviation industry, nuclear energy and all major industries and small-scale industries as well as in Government sectors. The department has well developed laboratories, infrastructure and ecosystem contributing to the wholesome development of the future technocrats.
The department has the following well-developed laboratories
- CAD Lab
- CAM Lab
- Manufacturing Technology Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Mechatronics Lab
- Dynamics Lab
- Fluid Mechanics and Machines Lab
- Metrology and Measurements Lab
AAA provides practical application software training in the areas of AUTOCAD, SPRUT CAM, CATIA, CreO, Ansys, Computational Fluid Dynamics, LAB VIEW, MATLAB are conducted. Students are assigned with real time industrial models, and they are made to design and analysis it to meet the industrial expectations.
Pearson Education will conduct Vocational BTEC courses in areas like Employability Skills, Advanced Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Machining, Robotics, Mechatronics Systems, and Health & Safety.
- To be an eminent centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering for quality technical education and scientific research leading to social development.
- Imparting quality education to create efficient mechanical engineers through eminent faculty.
- Providing the state-of-the art infrastructure to facilitate the cutting edge research in emerging field of mechanical engineering.
- Undertaking multidisciplinary and collaborative projects with industries and research organizations.
- Serving the society by developing competent engineers and entrepreneurs with outstanding leadership qualities and moral values.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability to apply the basic knowledge to identify, formulate and solve problems in the domains of thermal, machine design, manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Ability to provide solutions to complex Mechanical Engineering problems by acquiring technological inputs and managerial skills and utilizing advanced technology with the help of modern CAD/CAM/CAE tools
- Ability to develop mechanical and allied products with socio-economic concern by applying innovative ideas under ethical and professional constraints leading to a successful career.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be inculcated with relevant technical knowledge and software skills in the field of Mechanical engineering that will facilitate them to get employment in industries/pursue higher studies/become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will possess competency in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to identify, analyze and solve problems in the field of Mechanical engineering.
- Graduates will apply their in-depth knowledge to design and development of various Mechanical systems for multi-disciplinary applications.
- Graduates will function professionally in a rapidly changing world due to the advances in Mechanical engineering technologies and concepts with effective communication skills, administrative skills and capability to relate engineering issues to broader social perspectives.
- Graduates will be receptive to emerging technologies and attain professional competence through lifelong learning such as advanced degrees, membership registration in professional bodies, research publications and other professional activities.
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. R. Kandasamy||I.T.I.,||Workshop Instructor|
|Mr. T. Vadivel Murugan||I.T.I.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. T. Thambirajan||Skilled Assistant|
To effectuate the demands of the industry, we impart practical training to our students through Value Added Courses in their course fields.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- LAB VIEW