The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been one of the core branches of Engineering. It has got wide applications in industries. Mechanical engineers are required in manufacturing, automobile industry, power plants, aviation industry, nuclear energy and all major industries and small-scale industries as well as in Government sectors. The department has well developed laboratories, infrastructure and ecosystem contributing to the wholesome development of the future technocrats.
The department has the following well-developed laboratories
- CAD Lab
- CAM Lab
- Manufacturing Technology Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Mechatronics Lab
- Dynamics Lab
- Fluid Mechanics and Machines Lab
- Metrology and Measurements Lab
AAA provides practical application software training in the areas of AUTOCAD, SPRUT CAM, CATIA, CreO, Ansys, Computational Fluid Dynamics, LAB VIEW, MATLAB are conducted. Students are assigned with real time industrial models, and they are made to design and analysis it to meet the industrial expectations.
Pearson Education will conduct Vocational BTEC courses in areas like Employability Skills, Advanced Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Machining, Robotics, Mechatronics Systems, and Health & Safety.
- To be an eminent of centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering for quality technical education and scientific research leading to social development.
- Imparting quality education to create efficient mechanical engineers
- Enhancing the knowledge and technical skill of the faculty members
- Updating the departmental infrastructure and research facilities by providing the state-of-art equipment’s
- Undertaking collaborative projects with industries and research organizations
- Serving the society by developing competent engineers with outstanding leadership qualities
|S.No.||Non – Teaching Staff Name||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. P. Selvam||I.T.I.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. R. Kandasamy||I.T.I.,||Workshop Instructor|
|Mr. T. Vadivel Murugan||I.T.I.,||Lab Technician|
|Mr. T. Thambirajan||Skilled Assistant|
To effectuate the demands of the industry, we impart practical training to our students through Value Added Courses in their course fields.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- LAB VIEW