NSS – NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
The vision is to build the youth with the mind and spirit to serve the society and work for the social uplift of the down-trodden masses of our nation as a movement.
The National Service Scheme has been functioning with the motto “NOT ME BUT YOU” in view of making the youth inspired in service of the people and hence NSS Aims Education through Community Service and Community Service through Education.
The NSS Symbol is embossed on the badge. The eight bars in the wheel represent the 24 hours of a day. The red colour indicates that the volunteer is full of young blood that is lively, active, energetic and full of high spirit. The navy blue colour indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony